Silica Dry Dust Collection System
Reduce Work Exposure to Respirable Silica
Working closely with leaders in the granite cutting industry, we combined our innovative DuroRoom™ retractable enclosure with our 4 stage filtration to MERV 15, to create Duroair’s Silica Dry Dust Collection System. This air filtration solution can be tailored to meet your individual facility requirements and minimize disruption by integrating with existing workflows.
DuroRoom™ provides a properly vented, regulated work area that limits exposure of employees to respirable silica. Silica dust is contained within the retractable enclosure and prevents contamination of shop air. Our filtration and enclosure system is an effective clean air solution designed to exceed the OSHA exposure requirement of 25 µg/m3.
- Creates negative pressure, pulling all particulate to the filtration system
- Airflows of 150 fpm and 8 air changes per minute ensure respirable silica will not
be able to escape the enclosure
- Advanced filtration system designed with 4 stages of highly-efficient filtration
captures 100% particulate to 1.0 micron and 95% of particulate to 0.4 micron
- Modular, portable, and retractable enclosure provides a fully enclosed work space
that retracts to 20% of its length for material handling efficiency and enhanced productivity
Duroair Advanced Filtration
Duroair’s system is designed with a high-efficiency filter to capture silica dust by size — not by weight — and multiple stage filtration allows for more even filter loading, resulting in longer filter life.
Minimum Efficiency Rating Value (MERV) is an industry standard rating system that compares filters made by different manufacturers. A higher value MERV rating equates to finer filtration, meaning fewer dust particles and other airborne contaminants can pass through the filter.
Mitigate Silica Exposure in Your Facility
A cost-effective, industrial air filtration solution designed to meet the OSHA silica standard should go beyond vital complianceand worker safety and enhance productivity in a manner that considers your unique environmental conditions and processes.
To learn more about how our clean air solutions are helping manufacturers and fabricators address the OSHA silica standard, or to discuss your specific silica dust collection needs, please contact us today.
DuroRoom™ enclosure systems range in a variety of dimensions and can be tailored to meet the respirable silica challenge in your manufacturing facility.
- Fully enclosed workspace
- Modular, portable and retractable
- Enclosure retracts to 20% of length for easy material handling
- Negative pressure pulling all particulate into filters
Get to Know OSHA’s Silica Regulation
Our air filtration experts cover the specifics of OSHA’s crystalline silica regulation to ensure that your facility can get ahead of the compliance curve.
- The respirable silica risk
- OSHA compliance guidance on respirable silica
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910 requirements
- Cost-effective, clean air solutions to meet the OSHA silica standard
Industry Applications — Coating, Painting, Grinding, Paint Mixing Booth, Finishing Systems, and Sanding