Silica Dust Collection Systems Engineered For Clean Air
Stone cutting is one of the messiest operations in manufacturing – and the most hazardous. When it comes to producing dust, stone cutting generates clouds of dust that is far from harmless. Most concrete, masonry, and stone contain sand that is made of quartz and creates crystalline silica when cut. The inhalation of silica particles can scar the lungs or even lead to silicosis.
Of course, you don’t need OSHA and NIOSH to tell you that silica dust is dangerous. What if you had a portable dust collection system integrated with your existing floor layout and limited worker exposure to harmful dust particulates?
Modular Industrial Air Filtration for Stone Cutting
Duroair modular industrial air filtration for stone cutting can be engineered with an enclosure that retracts to 20 percent of its length for easy material handling.
Our four-stage filter technology captures silica dust by size, not by weight. Each dust collection system captures 100 percent of dust particles to 1 micron and 95 percent of dust particles to 0.4 micron, exceeding OSHA’s 25 μg/m3 requirement.
Stone cutting clean air solutions provide employees:
- Negative pressure enclosures to pull all particulates into the filters, enabling employees to safely see the project they are working on and greatly increasing productivity
- Properly-vented, regulated work areas that limit exposure of employees to respirable silica
- Enclosures that retract to less than 20 percent of extended length, allowing for easy material handling and access to overhead cranes.
- Portable air filtration via our DuroRoom™ and DuroDust™ that can be moved anywhere in a shop space – with only power needed
- Diamond wire-cutting enclosures to protect against higher quantities of dust for harder varieties of stone