Engineered Industrial Air Filtration
A North American weld shop needed a cost-effective way to isolate their robotic welding machine and contain the large clouds of indoor weld smoke that placed both employees and plant productivity at risk. PPE reduced respiratory threats, but did nothing to improve work area visibility.
In addition to covering their OSHA and EPA bases, the company needed a clean air solution to:
- Remove the need for PPE outside the welding area
- Shield workers outside the welding area from arc flashes that can damage eye corneas or ignite potentially flammable welding dust
- Work within their limited amount of shop floor space
Duroair engineered a custom industrial air filtration system that automatically extracted fumes and particulates from the robotic welding machine and then flooded safe, clean air back into the building.
This all-in-one clean air solution included:
- Custom-designed DurorRoom™ enclosure that completely contained the welding machine in UV fabric to hide arc flashes
- DuroTower™ auto-adjusting plant cleaning system with redundant multi-layered filtering to contain weld smoke particulates
- State-of-the-art air revolver system that is ten times more energy efficient than traditional overhead cleaners
Because the entire industrial air filtration solution only required a 10x10x15 footprint, their workflows weren’t disrupted in the same building. Employees outside of the robotic machine enclosure no longer had to wear cumbersome PPE that inhibited productivity.
Today, the system is still delivering ROI, including:
- Improved workspace visibility, now clear from clouds of robotic welding smoke
- Safe, productive employees who are no longer at risk from arc flashes
- Reduced maintenance man-hours normally spent changing out costly HVAC filters
Need a cost-effective clean air solution to mitigate weld smoke or other bottom-line-draining industrial indoor air hazards? Contact our industrial clean air experts today for a free consultation.